Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Power Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuhaa

Hi,

I'm looking to find (or even make my own) high power motor for use in electric car. I need about a 10 HP motor to do the job.

I'm thinking of running a dc powered motor since its using lead acid batteries.
But on the other hand, I can use an AC motor by adding an invertor. What is the most efficent solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks for all your suggestion.

With 10HP you can probably make a good small go-kart or two person cart. It might be smart to find examples of the schematics for golf carts since these are similar. I remember seeing posts somewhere here for such things.

wuhaa said:
Hi,

I'm looking to find (or even make my own) high power motor for use in electric car. I need about a 10 HP motor to do the job.

I'm thinking of running a dc powered motor since its using lead acid batteries.
But on the other hand, I can use an AC motor by adding an invertor. What is the most efficent solution.

AC motors would be a waste, the inverter wastes a fair amount of power, and you also have the problems of speed control of an AC motor.

I suggest you try looking at the 'Robot Wars' sites, the usual motors used are Bosch 750W, or wheel chair motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back