Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooja1110

Hi...This is Pooja...I have gotto know about the working of 741IC in the "plant moisture meter project"..the circuit which I am enclosing

Attachments

• plant.gif
    plant.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 259
a 741 is an old op-amp (operational amplifyer). Bassicaly it compares voltages at the two inputs (pinw 2 and 3), and gives an output based on the comparison. in your circuit this output can be possitive or negative (i think)

bassically, the more moisture in the soil, the higher the resistance. The resistors form a potential divider, which changes the voltage going into the pin. the output is changed accordingly.

your's is a slightly more complicated version of this, but the principle is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back