Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi there! About MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rail

Hello everyone, anybody know about mercedes benz security system? I need more information about FBS3 system. How to make a key if lost all keys? I have MB star diagnosis SD3 old series, and I want to buy a programmer for proramming MB keys. Thank you in advance.
Regards, Rail.

I'm not sure we could really answer the question asked. Any advice we might be able to give could be read and misused for dishonest purposes, even if your intentions are honest. You should contact the manufacturer and seek their help.

"You're going to need a new key, as used, already programmed keys will not work. You'll have to get your dealer to order the key as they're not keys your dealer or mechanic can make. You'll need to know your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and bring two forms of ID (in my experience) to get a new key; they're very picky about giving out new blank keys, so you need to make sure you have the proper information and go to an authorized Mercedes Benz dealer.

When talking with your shop, make sure you tell them you lost your key as you probably need a Replacement key. Replacement keys override previous keys which means your other key won't work if you find it again. This is important because if someone stole your last key, they can open and start your car freely until your car has a replacement key programmed.

If you think you might find the key again you can also have the mechanics disable the old key's code with the Electronic Ignition Switch (EIS) system; they need special hardware to do this so you can't disable the key yourself.
Also get some key finder device in future!To prevent the loss of keys!

Replacement keys take much longer to program (around 90 minutes or more) than Additional keys which work right out of the box; you can plug in an Additional key matching your VIN and the key should work right after you plug it into the ignition. Because of this you might want to just disable your past key and get an Additional key if you need to use your car as soon as possible."

Jonny is a bot!

My botFinder found his answer copied from this one...

https://mechanics.stackexchange.com...-my-mercedes-smart-key-how-do-i-get-a-new-one

A really argumentative bot it seems. Every post he (it?) made was really harsh and critical.

A really argumentative bot it seems. Every post he (it?) made was really harsh and critical.

Umm, strong evidence that I may be a bot.

Does that make DJT a bot? Animatronics has come a long way if it does.:p:sorry:

Don't get me started on THAT topic. But now that you mention it, he does have sort of the same limited range of motion that I remember at the Disney Presidents Hall those many years ago. Lots of arm motion just like those automatons. Pity so much processing power is used for the motion that nothing is left for the thought process.

Don't get me started on THAT topic. But now that you mention it, he does have sort of the same limited range of motion that I remember at the Disney Presidents Hall those many years ago. Lots of arm motion just like those automatons. Pity so much processing power is used for the motion that nothing is left for the thought process.

A lot of arm motion but the fingers don't function well. Notice how his signature is all arm movement like a seismograph. But as a bot designer, I think an arm would be more important and the "hand" is usually a special purpose tool designed for each project. The DJT bot did an ok job on the hands but definitely not iMac or iPhone quality. Look at how poorly those "hands" work here. No "fine motor control" as neurologists say.
Thanks for bringing it up shortbus=

I think it's time to close this thread. The OP has his answer and somehow we've moved into politics. Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back