Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi im just wondering if anybody knows anything about Analog to Digital Converters (ADC) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brody-john

I have been looking around to try and find out what ADC is used in a Digital Camera but i have not been able to find anything

I have been looking around to try and find out what ADC is used in a Digital Camera but i have not been able to find anything
It's likely that each camera uses a custom design.

ADC is used in a Digital Camera
You need a fast part. For color you will need three. R, G, B
The speed is approximately: Frame rate * Pixels, 60 pictures/second X 3,000,000 pixels.
The ADC will need to respond slightly faster than the pixel rate.

Why are you asking?

My other question would be how does the ADC convert the electrical quantity into digital form in a digital camera?
the electrical quantity being the voltages of the photo diodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back