Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi From Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steaphany

I just found this site yesterday when I ran a google search looking for information on a circuit design.

I've been into electronics since the 1960's, I started out with tubes and my career experience has spanned atoms, working in Semiconductor engineering, through to Computer Engineering, Software Engineering and the Internet. ( Most of the companies that I worked for either no longer exist, evolved into something else, or were absorbed into another entity )

Right now I have my own engineering design firm and working to adapt to the crappy economy and competition from China, India, and Mexico. ( Indie engineering firms actually charge $10/hour to clients - Looks like high paid engineers are a thing of the past. )

So, I thought I should join in here, I may ne a newbie but I'm not a newbie to the field.

Impressive resume, welcome! Hope you don't get tired of all the arguments and strange posts you're likely to encounter from a multitude of members. As with any online forum, this place could probably be turned into a decent reality show if you worked it right.

Obviously you're in the industry, what do you do with electronics as a hobby or for fun or is it just work for you?

Impressive resume

If you're curious about the details and extent, please check out my *deleted* page.

welcome! Hope you don't get tired of all the arguments and strange posts you're likely to encounter from a multitude of members. As with any online forum, this place could probably be turned into a decent reality show if you worked it right.

That's Ok, I'm on several other forums with subjects covering Digital Photography, Analog Photography, Astronomy, Electronics and I have no problem with the variety of posts.

Obviously you're in the industry, what do you do with electronics as a hobby or for fun or is it just work for you?

For me it's a lifestyle. Since I was a young child, I have always had an interest in science and technology. Not only did I want to learn, but what good is just learning when that knowledge can be played with. Electronics just turned out to be more accessible than DIY in home atomic physics. ( Good thing I never ran across the likes of Will Smith, I would have been shot - Yes Atomic physics bordered on being a fun hobby that I was playing with when I was about 12 ) I also have the skills to apply what some see as separate and distinct fields into a single unified understanding bridging everything together. ( I was once told many years ago that my resume was a total fabrication as no one in an entire lifetime could achieve what my resume claimed, the interviewer never attempted to verify anything, and I've done a whole lot more since. ) One thing that is a positive for my perspective on things is I can apply what I know, have a huge library of references to draw upon, and I am always open and working to learn more.

To give you an idea of the scale of things, I have my office, data center, and lab in my home. It consists of a number of Sun Solaris servers, Solaris and XP workstations, and a full bench for component analysis, circuit prototyping, and small or medium scale production, both through hole and SMT including necessary software development.

:) Basically, I get paid to play. ;)

Additional Note: I placed the moderator deleted link on my forum profile Biography field. Sorry, I didn't mean to break the rules so quickly.

Last edited:
I just found this site yesterday when I ran a google search looking for information on a circuit design.

I've been into electronics since the 1960's, I started out with tubes and my career experience has spanned atoms, working in Semiconductor engineering, through to Computer Engineering, Software Engineering and the Internet. ( Most of the companies that I worked for either no longer exist, evolved into something else, or were absorbed into another entity )

Right now I have my own engineering design firm and working to adapt to the crappy economy and competition from China, India, and Mexico. ( Indie engineering firms actually charge $10/hour to clients - Looks like high paid engineers are a thing of the past. )

So, I thought I should join in here, I may ne a newbie but I'm not a newbie to the field.

A warm welcome to you Steaphany

Enjoy your stay and feel free to rant if you want :). I get lots of stuff off my chest here with people that understand the frustrations of the Electronics industry we are all now in.

Regards,
TV Tech

Last edited:
Welcome to ETO, Steaphany! You sound like the kind of person who will be a great addition to the forum. I look forward to reading your posts in the future! :)

Kind regards,
Der Stom

Welcome from Georgia, USA

Welcome from a new guys as well...second post actually. I'm just following forum rules, didn't want to post Hi from Texas twice :)

-Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back