Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hex To Asm Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

muras

Hi everyone!
I have an HEX code of a program but I can´t read it with the program I use (Mplab from microchip).
My question is:Is there anyway to transform this code to ASM or anyway to read it?
Thanks ;)

Last edited:
You need a disassembler, the question is whether they make them for the chip you're talking about, unfortunately I have no idea.

Use File Import to load the file in MPLAB, then go to the View Program Memory window (symbolic), then right click and choose output to file.

Nigel Goodwin said:
And how would that help for an Atmel HEX file?.

If you were a real programmer you wouldn't be bothered with little details like different instructions sets and such ;)

My bad for not noticing this was for an Atmel, I thought I read PIC somewhere.

edited to add,
the OP did say "The chip is PIC16F877"

Last edited:
Along these same lines... I have a hex file for a 10f200/OT and I´d like to have it in 12f629. Is it possible to convert the file (paying attention to the pin assignment) by just changing the heading of the file after decompiling it? Also I have a hex for a 12c509 and again I want it in 12f629. I read they are very similar. So, I propose the same question. decompile change the pic name mind the pins and recompile?

12C series are 12 bit PIC's, the 12F629 (despite it's number) is a 14 bit device. I'm not sure what the 10F series are?.

So it's probably not as simple as just changing the header, there are probably a few other fairly minor changes required. But in either case, it's probably no big deal?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back