Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreydm676

I was recently given another FREE DS-1 and it dousnt work properly its soooo quite but when I mute the guitar for like
2 seconds it gos back to normal volume. I donto know muck ebout electronics I can identify a capasitor, a resistor and
thats about it. so i opened up the thing to find that this component was cracked in half. I was hoping to mod this one
with a internet mod so it would be nice if it was working. thanks:slash:

**broken link removed**

It looks fairly typical of cheap Chinese junk.

The component you've circled is a diode. I don't know what type though. If you get the part number, order a new one (or equivalent) and replace it, it might work.

Looking for Boss DS-1 Schematic in Goodle finds lots of schematics with part numbers.
The diode is an "idiot diode" that conducts when a power supply or battery is connected backwards. The diode is a 1N4001 that is available almost everywhere.

Since the diode blew up then maybe a powerful power supply was connected backwards that destroyed the diode and maybe destroyed other parts also.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect the idiot diode to be there. I would have thought it would be near the power supply inlet - the wire side of the board.

Somebody told the Chinese designer to include an idiot diode. He didn't know anything about it so he installed it in the wrong position.

I agree. The odds of the Diode being the only problem are slim and none. But if you want to give it a try and replace it is very simple.

If you do not have any desoldering skills just clip the Diode out of the circuit using Dikes. This will leave 2 leads. One on each side. Solder the replacement Diode leads to them.

Remember. Do not leave the Soldering Iron on too long or you can damage your board.:)

C.:D

SLASH! DUDE! Remember me??? I worked on your pinball machine at Sega!!! Buckethead sux, u r teh leet ax playa.

I might if i saw you. sometimes I see fans that ive seen several times. but I dont hold a grudge against buckethead

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back