Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tish2uk

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me...

I'm currently doing a project where i want a light to come on when someone walks past a sensor.

I have this LED 'LXHL-MWEC' it needs to be something like this light because of what I'm using it for and I have no idea where to go from here. How I connect it up to a sensor and how I power it? What I even need!?

If anyone could help me with what type of sensor would be best that would be great too, it would need to work in darkness!

Sorry about this, I haven't touched this kind of thing since school!

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thank you
Tish :D

Here is the LED. So you need a sensor that detects absence of light and it is capable of switching a 350 mA constant-current on.

What is your supply voltage?

Do you have a Buck-Puck or similar constant-current LED driver or are you expecting to build one into the light sensor?

How handy are you with opamps, comparators, buying components, wiring, etc?

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies!
Basically I'm a Graphic Design student at University experimenting with light so I don't know much about this stuff other than what I can remember from school. So I need a step by step guide on everything that will get this bulb to light up!

I'm happy to research into this but I have no idea where to start!

The only thing I know is that the bulb I want to use as I found it in this torch Duracell LED Spot Light Torch

**broken link removed**

I took the torch apart and the bulb is perfect for projecting my design but from here I don't know where to go! :(

hi,
Unless you are committed to using a light beam break I would use the PIR method as stated by 'Roff'.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back