Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with ultrasonic sensors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ro5man

Hey all,

First of all,I a total noob with sensors so I need a little help.

I need help with my ultrasonic receiver circuit,I got the transmitter circuit working (40kHz etc).I want the output to be based on the intensity of the received signal so that I can measure the voltage but I keep getting an output based on the frequency of the received signal.What kind of circuit can you guys recommend me so that I get a voltage output rather than a frequency output?

Many thanks to those who reply!

Hey all,

First of all,I a total noob with sensors so I need a little help.

I need help with my ultrasonic receiver circuit,I got the transmitter circuit working (40kHz etc).I want the output to be based on the intensity of the received signal so that I can measure the voltage but I keep getting an output based on the frequency of the received signal.What kind of circuit can you guys recommend me so that I get a voltage output rather than a frequency output?

Many thanks to those who reply!

hi,:)
Can you post your receiver circuit.?

For a voltage output relating to the intensity received, try connecting the receiver to an amplifier (must be capable of passing the 40kHz) followed by a peak-detector.

Hi there, I am also building a transmitting circuit. Would it be possible for u to post a circuit diagram? Thanks

As dougy said, create a non inverting amplifier with an OP-AMP (you may need 2 stages with something like a TL082 due to the gain bandwidth product), make sure you have an offset null on the input as well.

I would not even consider something like a 741, the GBP and slew rate make it horrible for 40 kHz amplification - in fact with enough gain you will end up with triangular waveforms...

Then just have a peak detector on the output (diode, cap and parallel resistor if the load is not sufficient to discharge rapidly enough).

(The only place I think a 741s should reside is in history books and teaching students the basics of op amps, I would never consider using one...).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back