Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with TV speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Turbo

Hello, I have a Sharp 27ES100 color tv. It is a MTS Stereo with DbX. The picture is fantastic but my wife is convinced that the speakers buzz. I fail the hearing test apparently. The speakers are unavailable from any parts vendor that I can find on the net. Sharp Part Number: VSP1206PB21YR for 2 ohm, 3 watt speakers.

I have also looked for other speakers that I can cobble in there but cant seem to find any that are available in any sixe that are 2 ohm, 3 watt. I would also like to confirm that its the speakers buzzing by testing with other speakers.

Whats the best way to fix this or can I condition the speaker outputs to be signal outputs and connect it to my stereo receiver? Thanks, John

Use an external amp and decent speakers, flat screen TV's commonly have appalling sound quality.

Samsung are generally the worst, unbelievable what they consider 'acceptable'.

Thanks Nigel for the info. This TV is a regular picture tube type that is at least 8 years old. I was also wondering about how to use the internal speaker wires to send a signal to an external amp. Unfortunaltely, this tv does not have any audio output.

They aren't long thin speakers are they?.

If so they do tend to rattle, and they were VERY, VERY, VERY expensive.

Doesn't it have any outputs at all? - in Europe all sets have SCART sockets, which give both audio and video in and out.

Does it have a scart socket ?

It might be worth seeing if there is an audio out available through that.

They are about 5 inches wide by 2 1/2 inches tall and about 4 inched deep. the rear part of the speaker is encased in a metal can. They were available for some time at Best Buy parts for 22 bucks each but they now say that they are discontiniued. I will feel very guilty when this tv becomes my garage tv in case I can't fix the speakers...
Definately no external jacks on the tv set.

The speakers are tiny and will not produce any bass frequencies.
Use half-decent real speakers and a real amplifier.
If the TV does not have an audio output then it is cheap junk.

Is it a steady buzz, or does it occur only when there is other sound coming through the speakers? If it's a steady buzz, then it's likely sync buzz coming from the electronics due to a marginal electronic design, and a different speaker or amp won't help.

I think your wife is saying you need to go to the HiFi shop and buy a really NICE full surround sound audio system with subwoofer and lots of expensive speakers, and plug that into your setup instead of using the Sharp TV speakers.

At least that's how I would interpret it... :D

Hello, I like the idea of popping for a basic surround sound system. We are hoping to get a large flat screen for the living room around christmas if the sales are right and we would getting a surround then. If I knew how to condition the signal going to the tv speakers and put that into the surround system, then I'd be half happy. The other half would be to figure how to use other speakers to hook up temporarily to see if there is a difference in the sound. As to the actual sound complaint, I really have a hard time describing it but it would be easy if I had a known good set of speakers that I can compare it with. So, whats with the 2 ohm and 3 watt speakers?

firstly u should not just connect anything to the audio output of yr tv-as the tv uses a switch mode powersupply it isnt safe to do this-u can remove each speaker and check thatthe diaphram of the speaker hasnt any holes or tears in it and that it isnt rubbing on the voice coil in which case u would have distortion-depending on model there used to be mod kits if it was the speaker mount or baffle causing the buzz but dont know if they are available for yr model tv now-if it was vision carrier buzz it would b very noticeable and unless u knew what u were doing its not a repair u could safely carry out-if yr set doesnt have a scart socket for external cvbs op and sound op theres no reason u cud disconnect the sets internal speakers by fitting an audio isolation tx and a headphone jack to feed external speakers....but aggain if u have no experience doing this let someone else do the work for you..........

Last edited:
firstly u should not just connect anything to the audio output of yr tv-as the tv uses a switch mode powersupply it isnt safe to do this-u can remove each speaker and check thatthe diaphram of the speaker hasnt any holes or tears in it and that it isnt rubbing on the voice coil in which case u would have distortion-depending on model there used to be mod kits if it was the speaker mount or baffle causing the buzz but dont know if they are available for yr model tv now-if it was vision carrier buzz it would b very noticeable and unless u knew what u were doing its not a repair u could safely carry out-if yr set doesnt have a scart socket for external cvbs op and sound op theres no reason u cud disconnect the sets internal speakers by fitting an audio isolation tx and a headphone jack to feed external speakers....but aggain if u have no experience doing this let someone else do the work for you..........
"u, yr, isnt, u, thatthe, hasnt, u, yr, b, u, u, u, yr, doesnt, theres, u, cud, aggain, u."
We speak in English here. What language is that mess?
Are you a little kid?
If you don't spell English words correctly then go away.

firstly u should not just connect anything to the audio output of yr tv-as the tv uses a switch mode powersupply it isnt safe to do this-u can remove each speaker and check thatthe diaphram of the speaker hasnt any holes or tears in it and that it isnt rubbing on the voice coil in which case u would have distortion-depending on model there used to be mod kits if it was the speaker mount or baffle causing the buzz but dont know if they are available for yr model tv now-if it was vision carrier buzz it would b very noticeable and unless u knew what u were doing its not a repair u could safely carry out-if yr set doesnt have a scart socket for external cvbs op and sound op theres no reason u cud disconnect the sets internal speakers by fitting an audio isolation tx and a headphone jack to feed external speakers.....
That's the longest and most garbled single sentence I've ever seen.

Well, I do believe that sheldonstv does know how to write a proper sentence, and was just being lazy. But if I'm wrong, I apologize to sheldonstv.

for one english is not my first language,and it was late when i was on typing that and yes i am sure my grammer needs correcting -i shall make a point of correct use of the english language in future posts for the benefit of everyone else here on this forum

Last edited:
4 1 english isnt my first language and it was late when i was on typing that and yes im sure my grammer needs correcting -i shall make a point of correct use of the english language in future posts 4 the benefit of everyone else here on this forum

So not do so in this post? - txt speak isn't permitted here or on most forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back