Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with Triac in circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oziam

Hi All,
I am building a circuit for a touch lamp switch(attached) using a sensitive gate triac(BT136-600E) with a max. 4A - RMS on-state current(without heat-sink), the circuit is meant to handle 150watts load max. My questions is how can I atleast double the max load, would changing to a BT137 triac rated at 8A load suffice? Thank you :)

Attachments

• Touch-dimmer-for-lamps.jpg
    Touch-dimmer-for-lamps.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 163
The 4 amp rating is with a heat sink. The triac by itself is only good for about 1.2 amps.
Do you not have enough space?

Hey RONV, thanks for your response, space is quite tight but I could move a few things to make room, I was hoping to be lazy & just use a BT137. Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back