Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with solar tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinng

Hi everyone, I`m planning to build a dual-axis solar tracker without using PIC.
I plan to use these components as shown below :

1. DC Servo motor X 2
2. LDR X 4
3. Comparator with op-amp
4. Relay
5. H-bridge
6. some resistor, diode, transistor

Can anyone gives any suggestion that how can I construct it?
What is worm gear? and what is stalling current?

Can DC servo motor use in this circuit?
http://cdselectronics.com/Kits/SolarTracker.htm

I need something like this
https://www.electro-tech-online.com...748478_711203477_8485516_2096891_n-jpg.53123/

Last edited:
If it's dual axis it will be tricky unless you use 2 motors. It should be do-able; but using a PIC or other micro would reduce the component count considerably.

I would like to use a PIC for the as part of the component, but I`m not very familiar with PIC and the Code and I`m behind of schedule now.
So I think constructing a PCB with simple op-amp connection would be better.
Yes, I`m going to use 2 motors instead of 1 motor, sorry that I forgot to mention it at first.
But now the problem is I have no idea of how to connect it, especially the link that I shared, is it able to work on servo?
If it is able to work, then I am thinking to build 2 of the circuit which control east-west and north-south.

Try searching these forums. I'm sure a project like this has already been discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back