Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with SN74LS191

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also use a 74HC93 as a direct replacement. It works better and is easier to find. 74LS is old. 74HC is new.
Be aware that, although the 74HC93 is functionally equivalent to the 74LS93, 74HC devices are CMOS and have somewhat different operating and I/O characteristics than the 74LS devices, which are bipolar.

I consider it remarkable that such a circuit is still being built from conventional digital logic.

As far as i understand, such design is now understood as inflexible,
because it is hardwired.

Maybe it is a good exercise for students.

my question is, if the OP has designed the circuit freshly, or if it was found in a book etc.?

also it is unknown if it is the OP's own website.

when i look the schematic, there is some device which has a BCD or 4bit hex output.
I'd suggest to install a mechanical hex/BCD encoder, and test the circuit.

anyway it's a limited design, as far as i understand only one load can be selected at one point of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back