Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Repairing a circuit board for a printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr`slappy

Hi there,

Having an issue fixing a circuit board, bascily I had to replace a usb smt connector on it but slightly messed it up, below are the details

Anyway's down to my issue -

Attempting to fix a board that had a loose usb connector on it, so went to replace and it was surface mount (1st time doing surface mount, watch a quick vid on how to do it roughly,) and got it 90% right, except one pin wasn't making a connection properly so went through the process of de-soldering and taking it off, during that process it pulled a small part of the board off with it. I don't know the correct words to describe what it is that has been pulled off, but i would best describe it as the contact plate.

I had an idea to run some thin wire through a hole that has been placed on all points of the board, but I don't think this would work very well, opinions on this are welcome. But a better solution would be nicer :lol:

Pictures to show what I'm talking about are as follows -

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

hi,
If you have a small piece of strip board [vero board 0.1inch pitch], you can peeling off a strip about 1 inch long, tin the strip along its length, dont fill the holes.

Glue the strip over the missing track area [ clean the area first] making sure that you align one of the strip holes with the existing hole in the PCB.
Insert a fine wire thru the holes in the strip and the pcb, solder the wire.

Fit the USB smt connector over the existing pads and the new strip, before soldering , cut the strip to length, OK.?

use thin old tranformer wires u will use like jumper solder direct from usb to cpu pins and use epoxy glue for smt usb port and also for wires.. will be very srong than soldering.

Hi,

I am developing a new website and thinking to add information of circuit board of printer. Can you please comment?
**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back