Help with Repairing a circuit board for a printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr`slappy

Hi there,

Having an issue fixing a circuit board, bascily I had to replace a usb smt connector on it but slightly messed it up, below are the details

Anyway's down to my issue -

Attempting to fix a board that had a loose usb connector on it, so went to replace and it was surface mount (1st time doing surface mount, watch a quick vid on how to do it roughly,) and got it 90% right, except one pin wasn't making a connection properly so went through the process of de-soldering and taking it off, during that process it pulled a small part of the board off with it. I don't know the correct words to describe what it is that has been pulled off, but i would best describe it as the contact plate.

I had an idea to run some thin wire through a hole that has been placed on all points of the board, but I don't think this would work very well, opinions on this are welcome. But a better solution would be nicer :lol:

Pictures to show what I'm talking about are as follows -

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

hi,
If you have a small piece of strip board [vero board 0.1inch pitch], you can peeling off a strip about 1 inch long, tin the strip along its length, dont fill the holes.

Glue the strip over the missing track area [ clean the area first] making sure that you align one of the strip holes with the existing hole in the PCB.
Insert a fine wire thru the holes in the strip and the pcb, solder the wire.

Fit the USB smt connector over the existing pads and the new strip, before soldering , cut the strip to length, OK.?

use thin old tranformer wires u will use like jumper solder direct from usb to cpu pins and use epoxy glue for smt usb port and also for wires.. will be very srong than soldering.

Hi,

I am developing a new website and thinking to add information of circuit board of printer. Can you please comment?
**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…