Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with project for motor speed control to avoid obstacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSter

i'm trying to build a circuit that will use a microcontroller to control the speed of a radio controlled toy car when it detects an obstacle in front of it, so that it won't crash in to it.

I know this would be quite straightforward if i mount a computer on the rc car and control the car from the computer. But the problem is that its just not practical to mount a computer to a toy car, in that its too heavy and creates more problems.

Using a microcontroller, this can be done, but i'm quite new to microcontrollers.

So i knew that this is the best place to get handy expert advice and assistance on the project, and thought of giving it a try.

Thanks in anticipation.

I agree with what Nigel said although you can buy a kit that teaches you how to use a micro controller so that way you get some hands on experience.

Or you can order some books online to get some knowledge on programming and how to adapt micro controllers to sensors or motors and elect.

Try going on this website for the books
www.robotbooks.com

they have reviews on the books, so it should make it a breeze to find witch book is perfect for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back