Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with programing PIC16F84A

Status
Not open for further replies.

macobt

Heloo to all
when I try to program pic16f84a it faild at adress 0000h(I have try with 4 pic16f84 and all result for everyone) but with programing pic16c84 I have no problem,I use simple jdm progammer into RS232 conector
regards macobt

Pease help me with pic16f84

Can anyone help me 2 configure it. i want to programe it to get an out put to a seven segment display.
can i input a resistance varience to that pic and get a display in seven segment.
eg:
if the resistance is 1.1 display 1
if the resistance is 1.4 display 2
etc

and i need to know whether pic16f84 can detect the diference of the resistance using one pin?

and i need to know whether pic16f84 can detect the difference of the resistance using one pin?
Not easy it has no adc on the 16f84 so you have to time how long it take to read a capacitor charging sure you can do it with one pin but it would be easier with two

But if i was you I would get a chip that has ADC like 16f684 or 16f88

Not easy it has no adc on the 16f84 so you have to time how long it take to read a capacitor charging sure you can do it with one pin but it would be easier with two

It's really easy with just one pin, no need for two - and is exactly how a PC joystick port works.

In fact, if you're measuring resistance, it's easier than using an ADC, and may well give higher resolution.

pic16f84

Heloo again
I can programm the PIC16C84 with no problem,but when I try to programm PIC16F84A I recieve mesage verify failed at 0000h,I built the thermometer with PIC16F84A but because I cant programmed I use pic16c84,and thermometer works but led displey work with mistakes(the conections between pic and led displey are correct).
Sorry for my bad english
here is some pictures
regards to all

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 318
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 272
led displey work with mistakes(the conections between pic and led displey are correct)

The SSD LEDs look reversed (what's on is supposed to be off and vice versa). This can happen if you write code for common anode SSDs (where you need a logic level of 0 to turn on a segment) and use common cathode (where you need a logic level of 1 to turn on a segment) - or the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back