Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with power transistors !

Status
Not open for further replies.

truenoteno

I have constructed the DC-AC inverter by Tony Van Roon.
I don't have the TIP41 or TIP42 transistors so i replaced them with 548 and 558 transistors.
i put the output through a transformer and it works(120VAC).
but when i replace them with the JE2995 and the 3055 the transformer steps down the voltage, i've tried both ways on the transformer.
Maybe it doens't work that way, how can i make this circuit more powerful (300W)?

i measured the voltage without the transformer with the power transistors and the voltage appears OK.
i replaced the transformer but same thing happens.

TIP series is power transistor in TO-220 package, not changeable with small signal transistors e.g.558. Use BD241 for NPN,BD242 for PNP position. (or BD139,140) Small signal transistors can't produced enough base current for output transistors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back