Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with parts for a heavy line follower

Status
Not open for further replies.

creoengineering

Hello, I am new here, and i am a noob at robotics haha. I have programming background and some digital electronics background but i have no idea about hardware.

I am working on a project for a local high school which will be a line follower robot.

Here are the required design specifications:
  • to move around about 65 pounds of weight
  • to be able to stop and start at specific designated places
  • To follow a line around turns in a basic rectangular grid
  • some sort of obstacle avoidance so it doesnt bump into people?

So for this project, i would start with buying a microprocessor, a motor driver, a connectivity kit to connect to the computer, motors, and an array of led and photoresistors.

I have a basic parts list picked out, but i dont know if they will work for what i am trying to do. I was hoping to use two motors since that will make turning easier. I was also thinking that i could make the line black tape but i dont know how it would stop at designated spots.

Also, would it be easier to use photoresistors or a camera?

Here is my parts list: (please feel free to critisize and suggest alternatives that are cheaper haha)

Microcontroller:
BrainStem GP 2.0
Acroname URL: BrainStem

S2415A30VHBRIDGE
Acroname URL: **broken link removed**

S23USBINTASSM (usb kit)
URL:**broken link removed**

I have no idea what kind of motors or motors i should look at...

Thank you for looking, i will appretiate any help i can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back