Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help With One Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Watkins

I need a circuit with an approximate one second pulse output delayed by three or four seconds when triggered that uses twelve volts dc. I can find delayed on circuits that don't shut off. Is this possible with a 555 timer?

You would need two 555s or a 556. the first one (section) as a monostable gives you the delay. The second (section) as a monostable, outputs the one second pulse.
**broken link removed** See Two Stage Time Delay Circuit

Ken

What does your trigger input look like? Level? Edge? Polarity?

Input = momentary switch to gnd or V+? or don't care
Output=highside switch for 1 sec after 3~4sec delay to 12V at what output current level or DC resistance ? and also non-retrigerable or don't care or what ? during these time periods

Thanks for the replies! You've been very helpful. The one shot would trigger a relay set for ten or twenty seconds. The relay would output 120 ac at fairly low current. I'm still working on it but may have a solution.
Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back