Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with motors for robot urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhtar

does anyone have any suggestions on which is the best dc motor to use for an outdoor, all terrain robot. i need help fast. thanks.

muhtar said:
does anyone have any suggestions on which is the best dc motor to use for an outdoor, all terrain robot. i need help fast. thanks.

Well you don't give any idea as to how big the robot needs to be?, which will obviously have a massive effect on the size of motor required. But you could start by looking at radio control car motors, they are powerful and reliable.

the vehicle is not very big just big enough to carry a small GPS. but it will be tested outdoors. thinking of using a 12v dc motor but i need a controller thatcan control both the speed and direction

muhtar said:
the vehicle is not very big just big enough to carry a small GPS. but it will be tested outdoors. thinking of using a 12v dc motor but i need a controller thatcan control both the speed and direction

It's usually done with an H-Bridge and PWM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back