Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with motor self switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith_wright

Hi all,

Having issues with a circuit that switches motor direction. The intended set up is that a motor moves a window display trolley along a track gets to the end and hits a stop, it delays for a set time and then travels back the other way - please see drawing 1. Due to power offs and timers (when the shop closes for example) and the trolley "knowing" where it is and what it has to do upon power up, I had a complicated circuit with 555 flip-flops and 555 one shots - I revised the circuit to a much simpler circuit (see drawing 2) which uses one on-on toggle switch. However as the trolley hits the switch the circuit is broken and the trolley stops without making the other on and the switch is in "limbo" with neither on being made. Does anyone know of a switch I could use that would turn the motor off and flip the switch over to the other one? I was considering using two latching push button switches either end of the trolley and a set of transistors to switch the trolley but would the push button switches be the same - i.e. not latch as the motor cuts out before providing the full switching force?

What I have to consider is that after power off (timer on at shop open and off at shop close) the trolley knows exactly what to do at power up the next morning without fail. I'd also like to stick to the current circuit if poss as I feel it is simple and reliable.

Any comments gratefully received.

Thanks

Here's some ideas on using limit switches that may work for you.

See "200 Transistor Circuits" on Talking Electronics website, for more details:

Reversing a Motor 1 & 2 & 3

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back