Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with interactive audio project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh

Greetings,
I am working on an interactive audio installation. I intend to trigger different sound samples from my laptop, and a hardware sampler, using analog signals (e.g. motion detection, light detection, etc.). I have an analog to midi converter that will run my samplers. But there is one problem, the analog inputs will only take "free contacts," I guess this means basic switches. The interface's manual specifies that no voltage should reach the terminals of the analog inputs. Because I want people walk through an area, I can't use typical contact switches.

I guess this sounds like a simple presence detector project, but I am not sure about the type of contacts I can use to run my gear.

Thanks for any help.

Hugh

trigger

A motion detector, like those used in home security systems seems like it would be ideal if you want to trigger it when somone walks by. Have this power a relay, which will act as a switch for the board. as for the switch, i think your probably right where the it is concerned. if you can get it to trigger with just a regular switch then this should work fine.

zippuro@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back