Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with fabrication and design of mechanical parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

hi
i would really appreaciate it if someone cud help me with the mechanical design of a robotic arm with 5 degrees of freedom..i have managed to establish the servo motor control circuit but wud really help if someone cud help with the design of the mechanical parts as i dop not want to use a robotic kit...hope one of u posts a reply soon....thanx

maybe i'm stupid but what are the 5 degrees of movement? on base rotation, sholder, arm, wrist and wrist turn?

i hope it wast fast enouhg

I appreciate your sarcasm but exuse my stupidity but i know the 5 degrees of freedom however i am not exactly sure as how to build all the parts as i have have them fabricated in a workshop since i am not using a kit so it wud be really helpful if you could give me a blueprint or maybe an overview of how to connect the various mecahnical [parts together including the clamper which seems very complicated

i wans't sarcastic. it was a question. i do not know what are the 5 regrees of freedom. could you tell me plz. also tell us what motors are you using and are you going tu make it out of wood or metal or plastic.

YEAH u did get the 5 degrees of freedom rt ...i am planning to use servo motors to build the arm by using a microcontroller and using the parralel port....as for which parts to use i dont know yet what would you suggest??? i really cant understand which [parts to use

you can try looking at different alredy built module pictures. maybe you get the idea from there. there are lots of them avalible. it just takes to long for me to draw it all out as i have none allredy made...

btw servos aint that strong so i suggest using as light materials as possible

umm can u give a few links i know ull point me to google or yahoo but ive spend hrs without finding anything concrete if u cug gimme the links it wud be really helpful and yeah but light alluminium be ok with servo motors???

like this: **broken link removed**

bare in mind that servos can only lift 3kg on a 1cm rod. that aint very much. (that if they are standard hobby servos of cource)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back