Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with electronics on a 40 cell H20 electrolizer rectified from 120v inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know if the moderator let the last post through but if he did then here is a pdf file that explains his technical stuff if you don't want to goto the site.

42,800 hz, 21,400 hz, and 10,700 hz at 12.5v pulsed over a toroidal coil with a primary of 120v dc

Now you're saying water has resonant peaks at 10.7kHz, 21.4kHz and 42.8kHz - complete nonsense.

Liquid water doesn't have a sharp resonant peak, the hydrogen bonds between H2O molecules heavily damp any resonance.

The lowest resonance is well into the microwave band, far above the 2.45GHz used in domestic ovens (that's another myth).
=> in the liquid, individual water molecules are organized into transient ring structures, in which rotation is "hindered": that is, they can't rotate without banging into a neighboring molecule. Thus, there are no resonant transitions in the microwave region. Absorption takes place when the random motions of neighboring molecules allow a given molecule to follow the applied field for a short distance, after which it bangs into a neighbor, converting the motion into heat. This process involves all sorts of orientations of the molecules, and doesn't have any specific characteristic frequency but instead a wide range of frequencies: in particular, 2450 MHz plays no role, and 2300 or 2600 MHz would work just as well (but in the US the FCC would be after you). The use of 2450 MHz is a historical artifact having to do with frequencies licensed for industrial use, not related to any specific property of molecular or liquid water.

The absorption vs. frequency graph is in the web site I provided previously; it shows that as the water heats up, the peak in absorption increases in frequency, from about 15 GHz in cold water up to close to 100 GHz near the boiling point. The microwave oven frequency is chosen to be below the peak absorption point, so that as the surface of the cooked object heats up, absorption will decrease, allowing the microwave radiation to penetrate into the center of the object and heat it up and thus encouraging more uniform cooking.
**broken link removed**

It saddens me that such myths about the resonant frequency of water still seem to be propagated via the Internet.

Look for brian334 posts

:D I just looked at a few of his posts -

"A heart is probably the most efficient way on earth to turn one from of energy into another. So why not take all the hearts from all the dead cows in America and use them to pump a liquid to power a generator?"

"The reason the planets closest to the sun are the smallest is because the sun sucked gravity from them."

That site is terrific for comedy. It's especially funny when they start squabbling over who's "idea" something was - "You stole my idea!" "No, you stole my idea!" What's the idea? Another crackpot magnet arrangement.

You really want to read his patent for a Hurricane Destroyer. I can only assume he means teeny weeny hurricanes... He wants $2M for the rights :)

The arrogance of these guys just blows my mind. They are constantly plugging their names and making lots of profound-sounding, meaningless statements. They all want lots of money and recognition for nothing. They get upset that sensible people won't work on their silly ideas or take their mindless blather seriously. They get a nice area like Overunity.com where they can all discuss their stupid ideas together, and it isn't long before they realize they are surrounded by idiots.

Rather than take that as a clue, they leak out onto other forums.

A few overunity regulars float over here sometimes to convert the skeptics but they always leave after a bit O fun. Stupid physics and all that real math makes their heads hurt.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back