Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Dark activated relay circuit please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

I want to build this circuit:
**broken link removed**

My question is will it work on 12V? Or must I put in a resistor to limit the current to the transistor? I did print documents on how transistors work but didn't get time to read throught it. Transistors still make's me confused. If there is a great tutorial on transistors that I can understand, something like "Transistors for dummies" LOL. can you please post a link.
I would appreciate any help please. I want to build this circuit this weekend to see if it works on the light a want to use it on. During the week it's work work work and no time to play.

Hi everyone

I want to build this circuit:
**broken link removed**

My question is will it work on 12V? Or must I put in a resistor to limit the current to the transistor? I did print documents on how transistors work but didn't get time to read throught it. Transistors still make's me confused. If there is a great tutorial on transistors that I can understand, something like "Transistors for dummies" LOL. can you please post a link.
I would appreciate any help please. I want to build this circuit this weekend to see if it works on the light a want to use it on. During the week it's work work work and no time to play.

hi,
You would need a 12V relay and would increase R3 to 2.2K.

Bob Bowman's Free Educational Technologies: Votech Links

Thanks for the reply.

hi,
If you are stuck with a 6V relay, if you know the relay coil resistance you could connect a fixed resistor of equal value in series and use it on 12V.:)

Did thought of that but luckilly I have a 12v relay. But to think of it I do have 6v relay's and they are a bit smaller. What is the formula to work out the resistor value when I have the coil's resistance? The 6v relays might work better because they are smaller in size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back