Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

strokedmaro

looking for a small gold plated, 2 contact connector. Its marked "SLB0909" (possibly SB80909) on both male and female parts. Its a 2 contact connector with a max diameter or 9.2mm or so. attached is a pic. Any information would help greatly. I believe these are made in china.

Attachments

• CONNECTOR.jpg
    CONNECTOR.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 282
What was the device that uses those connectors? It doesn't look like an electrical connector, both male and female sides have holes on it, so it's only got a single connection which is the case itself? If it weren't for the lack of an o'ring I'd almost think it looked like an air or liquid connector.

Last edited:
Its actually the connector between the battery and atomizer of an electric cigarette. The part on the left in the picture is the battery and the right is the atomizer. When you suck on it like a cigarette the vacuum created closes a small micro switch in the battery which allows power to the atomizer...that's the reason for the hole in the middle..to allow the vacuum to reach the switch.

EDIT:: the threads are negative and the center "pin" with the hole in the middle is positive. It looks like there is a small rubber insulator between the pins and threads

Last edited:
Ohh okay I think I get it now, it all looks one colour in that picture, so I'm guessing there's an insulation material in between that center 'pin' and the housing? It's definitely not a 'standard' connector, at least electrically, you might have some luck with medical equipment connectors, perhaps related to a nubulizer. What exactly do you need to know? Do you want more of them or what are you trying to accomplish?

My best guess is that it is not a stand alone connector design, more likely something that was designed from scratch as part of the original device.

As such you are unlikely to find one for sale as a stand alone item.

The best thing to do if you really want to duplicate the connector is to find someone with machining facilities and ask them nicely to make one for you.

JimB

I figured it would be special...Lets scratch this exact part and find something close to it? I either don't know what this type of connector is but the closest thing I can come to are the screw type connectors for wireless cards. Ive tried to find screw connectors, mini screw together connections, ect. in google but come up blank. Whats the smallest connectors like this called? I'm really not interested in the hole in the middle...just a 2 contact connector under 11mm that screws together like this. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks for the help so far BTW!

Wireless card connectors might work they're very similar, but you'd have to remove the center pin to allow for air flow, and there's no way to get two electrical connections, as the body is a single ground point, really the only thing you can replace that connector with is another one of that type, it's a very specifically purposed type of connector.

It would be larger but using two separate connectors, one for the two wire electrical and one for the air flow would be much more practical unless you can find a source for similar two electrical and one gas connectors, you're really only going to find something like that from a medical distribution supply company. Digikey might carry something like it but I have no idea what to call it. A e-mail or call to a Digikey salesperson might provide you with more information.

What about a connector like this with no hole...there has to be a 2 contact, screw together type connector like this (without the hole) used for a million purposes. At this point Im looking at making something myself unless someone has a suggestion...

Search Digikey, I'm sure the have something similar. You could use any number of a billion types of connectors that lock, some with a latch some screw on, the choices are endless if you overlook the fact that you can't pass air through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back