Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono14

Can someone explain to me how to use a schmitt trigger to debounce a circuit. Also does anyone know the pin outs to the 4518B as i am making a decade counter using a seven segment display.

I would not use a schmitt trigger for debounce, an R-C filter is easier. the pinout is below.

Attachments

• 4518.jpg
    4518.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 304
Russ, an RC filter is generally followed by a Schmitt trigger to give a fast risetime, as you undoubtedly know. What configuration do you have in mind?

contact debouncing

Thought I would my 2 cents worth. The reason that debouncing is necessary is that the mechanical contacts generally vibrate and cause more than just one closure or one brake of the circuit. The RC components and the one-shot MV eliminate the multiple mechanical bounces of the contacts, that most electronic circuits would normally respond to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back