Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with automated manufacturing process

Status
Not open for further replies.

armin999

In a certain automated manufacturing process, electrical components are automatically inserted in a PC board. Before the insertion tool is activated, the PC board must be properly positioned and the component to be inserted must be in the chamber. A HIGH voltage indicates each of these prerequisite conditions. The insertion tool requires a LOW voltage to activate it. Design a circuit to implement this.

Who wrote the question, as it looks to me to be a poor way of giving information.

The high voltage / low voltage part is worded wrong i think..... i could be wrong myself here.

I would see it make more sense if it said a high logic and a low logic, and not high voltage and low voltage.

That way it would mean that when the board was positioned it would show a high logic or a logic "1", then when the component was loaded it would indicate another logic "1", so when all the procedures were completed then all would indicate a logic "1", then a low logic signal or logic"0" would be sent to the machine to activate it.

So the answer to the question is a circuit that requires 2 high signals to be present before it outputs a low signal.

Research logic gates, like "And gates", "Or gates", "Nand gates", "Nor gates" etc. you should be able to figure it out then.

Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back