Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with an electro-magnetic field detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

thotz

I am currently working on an electro-magnetic field (EMF) detector. I built the circuit from this diagram, **broken link removed** , and it works fine, but I would like to convert the tone signal (headphones) to a vibration. I figured I would switch the headphones with a vibrating motor, but I think I am not getting enough voltage across the vibrating motor. I've been experimenting with different setups in hopes of amplifying the voltage across the vibrator, but none have been successful. I don't have a lot of background with circuits so I don't understand exactly what is wrong or what would be a solution. If anyone could give me ideas, thoughts, and/or sites, anything will help.

Note: The vibrator that I purchased is a 3V DC micro-vibration motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back