Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with a strobe project

Status
Not open for further replies.

pw_ang

hello, i am very new to this site and am looking for some help with a strobe light project idea that i have.
heres what i would like to accomplish:
i am in a band, and i want to attach a trigger to a bass drum so that every time the bass drum gets hit, the trigger will make a strobe light go off once.

the trigger that i had in mind was just a piezo pickup (heard they a very cheap at radio shack) and it would either go on the drum head or right on the bass drum petal so every time you pressed down on it it would trigger the strobe.
Is this possible?

one other thing to keep in mind is that i would ideally like to have the strobe itself to be pretty bright, as bright as it may be possible for me to build.

If anyone could help me out that would be awesome. If you would like to draw me a schematic or anything i would be very appreciative.
thanks for reading!

hello, i am very new to this site and am looking for some help with a strobe light project idea that i have.
heres what i would like to accomplish:
i am in a band, and i want to attach a trigger to a bass drum so that every time the bass drum gets hit, the trigger will make a strobe light go off once.

the trigger that i had in mind was just a piezo pickup (heard they a very cheap at radio shack) and it would either go on the drum head or right on the bass drum petal so every time you pressed down on it it would trigger the strobe.
Is this possible?

one other thing to keep in mind is that i would ideally like to have the strobe itself to be pretty bright, as bright as it may be possible for me to build.

If anyone could help me out that would be awesome. If you would like to draw me a schematic or anything i would be very appreciative.
thanks for reading!

Wouldn't a switch on the bass pedal be simpler? Would be quite simple to hook up a HUGE bank of ultramegabright LEDs to give the single flash you desire!

thanks shax,
that sounds about right, i am not very good at figuring out electronics yet so i may need more details on how to accomplish this. for example which kind of switch i would need/where to get it, and where to find these leds and how to rig up the whole system.

thank you

Still confused...

I know how to build the board with all the LEDS and such, all i need to know now is what kind of switch i would use so that when you hit it, all the LEDS will only flash once. even if you hold down the switch it should only flash once.

And then how do you wire the board itself to respond to the switch in this way?

any help or ideas would be much appreciated!
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back