Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with a project please^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

vank210

Hello, I'm new to this forum and so hopefully this is being posted in the correct place lol.

I have an idea for a project that I would like to build using an Arduino to control everything. I'm wanting to make a large terrarium and a small tabletop version to grow gourmet mushrooms (shiitake, oyster, etc) in for a hobby.

I'm wanting the Arduino to be able to control:
1. The humidity levels
2. Temperature (ability to heat and cool)
3. Fan to regulate air flow

The purpose of this post is that I was wondering if there are any specific parts to accomplish those tasks that anyone might want to recommend, such as a specific control panel that displays the humidity, temperature, and controls the fans. I'm considering using a misting fogger for a lizard aquarium to raise the humidity levels for the tabletop version and an large actual humidifier or a fog machine for the large version.

Although I don't know how to write the code for Arduino (trying to learn but still learning the very basics lol), I'm planning on paying someone to write the code for me.

Any guidance, advice, or part suggestions (with links if possible) would be greatly appreciated, thank you for taking your time reading this^__^

For each variable that you want to control, you need a sensor and an actuator. Both temperature and humidity will be slow to respond, and they will interact with each other, so for both of those, a simple on-off control will probably be fine if you're not worried about really accurate control.

Cooling is much more difficult than heating. Avoid it if you can.

Since you mention doing this with an Arduino and as mentioned need sensors for temperature and humidity I would think about a sensor like the DHT 11 or DHT 22.

I can buy 5 of the DHT 11 on Amazon for about $8 USD.

KeeYees 5pcs DHT11 Temperature Humidity Sensor Module Digital Single Bus 3.3V-5V with Jumper Wires for Arduino Raspberry Pi

The DHT 22 version delivers more accuracy

3Pcs DHT22/AM2302 Digital Temperature and Humidity Sensor Module for Arduino

The code is the same They use serial data so very simple to simply connect and use. I used the library from <Adafruit_Sensor.h> which can be found here. I used one with a 4 X 20 LCD so it would the data The sensor also sends out dew point not that it is needed. Using a display like this you could also display if heat was On or Off and if your humidifier was On or Off. Just write your code to do whatever you want to do.

Ron
Temp Humid.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back