Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with a circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bs63366

I am looking to make a circuit that gives power to one wire when it receives power from 2 wires. It cannot give power if there is only power from one of the two wires. The system will be run off of 12 volt and does not need to work with a high amperage. If you need anymore information just ask and i will do my best to answer any questions.

Kyle

two 12 volt relays.
Power 1 drives relay1 coil
Power 2 drives relay2 coil
Connect from 12 volts to relay1 contact (normally open) then in series to relay2 contacts (normally open) then to output.
The contacts in series will only conduct when both relays are driven.

1 Relay, Plus CMOS AND gate.

Or Diode logic AND gate

One relay. Two supplies 12A and 12B.
+12a supply only drives the coil of the relay.
+12b supply passes through the coil's normally open contacts to putput.

CMOS AND gate.

Attachments

• Simple and.jpg
    Simple and.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 108
Depending on how much "power" you want to give, the logic gate might not work in your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back