Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with 6x6x6 LED cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylan.trigg

Hi this is my first thread so please tell me if im doing something wrong.
i am building a 6x6x6 LED cube for a school project and i have no idea where to start.
i have a firm grasp of the construction of the cube yet lack in the electrical circuit and programming side of things.
there are 6 layers of 36 LEDs all LEDs on a layer share the same cathode and when the layers are stacked each of the 36 colums share the same anode so to light any one LED you trigger its colum and its layer.
i need to know what kind of chip i would need to run this program and if anyone has any tips on programming they would be highly appreciated.
i originally got the idea from How to build a 8x8x8 led cube (English version).

thankyou for looking at my thread and any help is appreciated.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back