Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help using Eagle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krunk

Ok, Eagle looks like a great alternative to Logic Works for what I'm doing, I've read the tutorials and have a good feel for how to use it, but I have a couple of questions.

1. In LogicWorks, after you set up your logic gates in a schematic you must put a "binary switch" at one end (to supply a 1 or 0 to the line) and a "binary probe" at the other (to monitor the output). What are the equivilants to this in Eagle? <when I search for "binary" I get many, many hits and none of the symbols look like the ones in LogicWorks>

2. In LogicWorks when you start a similation, each line is represented in a graph at the bottom of the page. As you change the inputs (binary switch) the output of the "binary probes" are displayed. The print out of the results are required as part of our projects. Is it possible to output graphs like this in Eagle? I see the ERC function (electrical rule check) and I assume this is the same thing, but I don't see if there are any options to output the data to a graph. (and until question 1 is answered I'm sort of stuck in figuring this part out).

*NOTE* I am also playing around with "Electric", in electric I have gotten as far as bringing up a "waveform" graph which is very similar to the one in LogicWorks, but I can't figure out how to "start" it.

Thank you for any help and feel free to correct any mistakes in jargon. . .

:D

I am not familiar with logic works, but it seems from your description to be a circuit simulation tool. Eagle is a schematic capture tool rather than simulation. However, you can always simulate a one or 0 on the input of a logic gate by tying the pin to ground or vcc.

Eagle is not a simulator. It's a scematic drawing tool and a PCB design package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back