Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help using eagle cad for making your own PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's are loads of Basic Eagle tutorials and there are loads of basic toner transfer tutorials. Google it.

I think the Youtube tutorials have gotten pretty good, or go to instructables.com

I know how to do the toner transfer and I know the basics of eagle cad, but I don't know if I need to mirror the picture of the pcb before I print it out or if I just print it out as is, because eagle was made to send the PCBs to somewhere elese to get manufacted, but what I want to do is make the PCBs using the toner transfer method at home. So what I am asking is do I need to do anything before I print it out or do I just print it with out changing anything?
Thanks!

In short:
Make sure your printer is set to max toner density (most black)

First turn off layers you do not want on the copper. (pads vias and top or bottom)

The from the print dialog select black solid and caption.

If you are doing the top layer select mirror.

Print it.
When you do your DRC checking increasing the restring will increase the size of pads.

You can also increase the min clearance in the DRC to make the board easier to solder.

3v0

Print density depends on the method you are using. Highest print density doesn't work as well for me with photo paper/iron, so you may want to play with that if you aren't getting the results you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back