Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to design a Relay Switching circuit with some sort of timming delays or triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneMan

Hi.

I need some help to design and build a circuit that will switch two relays and will work as follows:

To activate Relay 1. Provide power to the circut non continuous (in three seperate intervals

withing a fixed time, say 30 seconds). Another way to explain it: provide power, tune off, provide

power, turn off, provide power and all this withing a fixed time period.

To activate Relay 2. Same as above but in this instance provide power twice withing a fixed time

say 15 sec.

All ideas welcome. Can I use the 555 is some sort of combination?

Thanks in advance.
OneMan

Sorry, can't understand what you mean. :confused:

Providing power non continuous will deenergize any relay.

Post a schematic.

Boncuk

Or, at least a timing diagram. Are the outputs or power pulses (?) of the two relays at all related?

ken

Hi all and thanks for your replies.

I want to build a curcuit with 1 input and two relays that will act as follows (also see attached pic).

To activate Relay 1.
Provide power to input: 8:00:00 am
Stop power 5 secons later
Power to input: 8:00:10 am
Stop power 5 seconds later
Power to input:8:00:20 am
Stop power 5 seconds later.
I need the circuit to understand when I provided/stopped power three times in a row withing a fixed period (say 1 minuite) to activate Relay 1 and then put it back to its default location.

To activate Relay 2.
Provide power to input as above but only twice withing fixed period (1 min) to activate Realy 2 and then back to default position.

Hope this helps.

**broken link removed**

Using a 555 timer genrate a signal with an on time and off time of 5 seconds. This signal can be fed to a CD4017 ripple counter. drive relay number one from output 1, 3, 5 and relay two from outputs 1, 3. The input can be OR'd together with diodes or and OR gate CD4071.
The reset input of the CD4017 can be used as your control.

Hi all and thanks for your replies.

I want to build a curcuit with 1 input and two relays that will act as follows (also see attached pic).

To activate Relay 1.
Provide power to input: 8:00:00 am
Stop power 5 secons later
Power to input: 8:00:10 am
Stop power 5 seconds later
Power to input:8:00:20 am
Stop power 5 seconds later.
I need the circuit to understand when I provided/stopped power three times in a row withing a fixed period (say 1 minuite) to activate Relay 1 and then put it back to its default location.

To activate Relay 2.
Provide power to input as above but only twice withing fixed period (1 min) to activate Realy 2 and then back to default position.

Hope this helps.

**broken link removed**

How does relay 2 know not to turn on if you are really trying to turn on relay 1 but haven't yet produced the third interruption? With your scheme, you will always get Relay 2 on the way to turning on Relay 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back