Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help T.V. Salvage

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter5355

I have a small black and white 12inch T.V. which I want to Salvage.

What are the best bits to take it out of this small T.V.

peter

Rip ot the flyback (large weird black looking thing with a big wire coming out of it), they produce high voltage with a proper driver.

I would aim for the tuner, I want to make a scanner radio out of one. Been looking out for one for a while now... wanting the philips uv916/918 tuner to digitally control via my 18f2550.

I would use the remote control and its receiver to program that scanner. Use the PIC to draw operating values on the screen, and use the audio stages to amplify the recovered audio.

(I don't know if your detector needs to be modified. In US, the analog sets use 'intercarrier' detectors for audio, which requires that a visual carrier be present.)

High voltage

things said:
Rip ot the flyback (large weird black looking thing with a big wire coming out of it), they produce high voltage with a proper driver.

What is the proper driver to produce a high voltage?

can you use it in a jacobs ladder?

Last edited:
What Nigal said is true. Unless you need a resistor or diode for an un-spacific purupose. You can find other sources that will do a better job. Unless you want one they can look at thru a magnifine glass ? Now that's something !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back