Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help setting up USB with Microchip USB CONFIG TOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

Hi..

Im looking for some assistance as to how to set up the correct parameters for my use. I have gooooogled and found nothing as far as pdf or similar explaining the different settings and endpints.

Im looking to control 4-8 pins on a 18Fx450 controller from a computer software with simple comands (on/off or just reset or flash ) I have found an example for this but (of course9 there are some files missing so that editing and recompiling dont work. The example I used are from **broken link removed** (web page and code are in spanish ). Im hoping to be able to make the code my self but need som sort of help with the USB CONFIG TOOL from microchip (its odd that there arent any docs on microchips webpage?!?!?)

The reaon why i dont want to use UBW is because of the place im going to implement the device (when i get it done)...

Yeh I was kinda in a hurry when i wrote that :) sorry...

I though you meant using the hardware as well ;) and I have (almost) not even room for just the 18F2550 (have to proto with 18f4550) crystal and required caps, they have to be solder leg to leg...

Im not to keen on telleing everyone what its going to be used for yet. It might be a sell able product..

-----------------edit-------------
AND I have hopes for a PC software with buttons for the number of outputs used on the pic. So that the end user will have easy control of the unit.

I must say im struggling not to say too much in order to not give some one a head start on "my" product improvment.

Last edited:
Yeh I was kinda in a hurry when i wrote that :) sorry...

I though you meant using the hardware as well ;) and I have (almost) not even room for just the 18F2550 (have to proto with 18f4550) crystal and required caps, they have to be solder leg to leg...

Build it how you want, it's pretty well a minimum hardware device anyway - mine's built on veroboard, based on my 16F876 tutorial board.

Yeh i saw that after some webbing. But will it be easy to change the input from terminal to single command from "my" software ?

Yes i have now downloaded it and are going to do some test with it and then try to rewrite it..

Hoping for the best and expecting nothing ;)

Yes i have now downloaded it and are going to do some test with it and then try to rewrite it..

Hoping for the best and expecting nothing ;)

The UBW is designed to allow you to control digit port bits and other things right out of the box. The USB shows up as a virtual COM port.

I do not think you need to change any code on the USB. Just write an application on the PC that talkes to it.

3v0

i have one from the link at my first post (a bit rewritten to be application specific) so like i said i will try. I might do a bit of rewriting to the pic source (add a file and remove a file or something like that) but other than that i think now (after reading a lot about it) it will do. Its a bit of overkill for my application but anyways

Will it work on 8MHz? is that just a small tweak of the software to say that clock is 8MHz?

I know that i can change it but as shown i UBW web page there are firmware for 4, 20 and 24 MHz.....

Thats why i asked. So i guess i can answer my own question by saying that i can use any crystal that can be used with USB (the data sheet has a list showing which speed can bee used with USB)..

Thanks for the fishing rod 3v0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back