Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help setting up electric system for bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what i said, as long as there is more than enough energy to overcome all the resistances in play then it can accelerate indefinitely up till it reaches a speed at which wind resistance and the increased friction make it impossible to accelerate further.
when making something move you dont need any enery to actually move it, just to nullify the resistances upon it and to increase its speed. but to maintain speed no energy is required other than that to match the forces opposing said object. is more than enough energy is applied the object will accelerate, thats how acceleration works, it doesnt matter how little energy is used or how heavy the object is or what the resistances are, so long as it matches resistance it will maintain that speed.

Now, i dont actually intend to use the motor for transport, the only possible use i have for it is maintaining a speed while riding or to make me accelerate faster downhill (we have very long, but not so steep hills) or applying extra force if i get lazy, and again, just for fun putting around at the slowest gear to move electrically just for fun. it doesnt matter if it turns out it cant, its a generator, so long as it makes power thats fine with me. the gearing though is to have a variable power intake, like low for when i need to conserve my energy or high when i need more electricity or am in a situation where i dont need to worry about speed.

Here in Canada some big and fat people ride electric motorcycles on the street. They CRAWL along very slowly and are a hazzard to cars.
Since they are a licenced vehicle then they are not allowed on sidewalks.

as long as there is more than enough energy to overcome all the resistances in play then it can accelerate indefinitely up till it reaches a speed at which wind resistance and the increased friction make it impossible to accelerate further.

Yes and that power limit happens at a low speed when the motor does not have enough power to properly move the object which is why AG's fat people on electric bikes move so slow. :rolleyes:

The point I am trying ot make is those little motors for kids scooters barely have enough power to move anything but a small kid.

I had fairly recent a 800w bike motor, I never used it, didnt like the look of it, that said I've seen them used as wind generators so you can use them for generating and motoring, it is after all a dc motor.

Hub motors are much better, and they make them with regen braking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back