Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

John1978

We are an engineering retail company and part of our offers/wares is the sale of MMA welding inverters. Issue is I cannot find anyone local in Ireland to carry out repairs or assist with them. My endless search has led me to here so I would appreciate any assistance.

What type of repairs? I know a person who does instruction lead electronics. I.e. Standard work, modifications to instructions etc...

He lives in Birmingham UK. Are you specifically trying to find someone in Ireland.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Ireland would be great but I have made a major attempt to search an individual out. It's hard to believe the extremes I have gone too but there is simply not the expertise out there. What I am looking for is an individual I can send plants to and they can problem solve, components range from capacitors to transformers to heat sinks to mosfets combined on a variety of PCB boards. I have learnt some bits but simply lack the skill set to complete this work myself and also the equipment to allow me to check them. I have 2 plants currently, china made and I have no schematics so the Tech will need to be really strong on problem solving. They are simply Manual Metal Arc Welding Inverters that need repairing. I am not turning away any help and will consider any option.

Regards,
John

I maintain manufacturing plant, sometimes I send electronic items out to indutrial electronics repair houses, one of them told me they get engineers that used to repair Tv/audio to work for them, as they already have a lot of the required skills, maybe you could find someone on the net like this and strike up a deal.
This is the sort of thing I'd like to do in a few years when I'm semi retired.

As you are UK based and if you would consider it would you ask your contacts that assist you. It could mean I could send plants to them. They will need to be able to test and problem solve without schematics.

A friend of mine runs a service business, and 'may' be able to help you - I've emailed him to ask if he's interested.

What sort of quantity are you talking about?. Presumably, as there are no schematics, there are no spares available either?.

Not sure about spares, I suppose I have fallen into the trap of selling for a distributor and while all is well everyone is happy. Then you have older machines in for repair and bingo your on your own or your ask questions perhaps you should have asked earlier. At the moment I have 2 machines in and that can be the run of it but if I got a solid repair system in place I would advertise as the work is out there. Thanks for your interest & assistance.

You can try them if you want, I have no connection with them and will not get any benefit, let me know I'll Pm the contact, they are a highly professional team with a lot of fancy equipment, the only thing is they are not cheap, replacing fets on an inverter board would probably cost you in the order of 175 quid, so may not even be worthwhile with the shipping costs.

I appreciate your comments but that seems pricey, I have got machine fixed through a third party for much less but I want a more direct route as it will give me greater control and also will help provide a better customer experience.

The distance is too great for you to be able to help?

Nice...and distance is not a matter, if you are interested, Post some photos of your Items... will try my level best.

Also include the complete details of your problem on your Welding Machine.

Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back