Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help repairing MP3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartin

Hi,

I have an MP3 player (cowon A2) whose navigation switch recently broke. I have a replacement switch and I need some advice on reattaching it. My problem is that the switch is quite small (abt 8x8 mm) and I need to solder it to the main board.. Can any one please tell me what kind of tools I need to do this.

I tried looking for soldering iron in radio shack and sears but I think they were too big for the job...

Any kind of help is appreciated...

Thanks,
S. Martin

P.S : I do have some soldering experience, but never worked on anything this small.. So if anyone could point me to a guide or something that would be helpful as well..

Circuit Board
https://i49.tinypic.com/20k2nw7.jpg

Looks to be a surface mount type component as is the rest of that circuitry. It may have been glued onto the board first then soldered in place. You will need a low wattage iron with a narrow tip and some narrow guage solder. I use this model with good success and without burning things up: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back