Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help! project-bingo for the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob gib

i am mechanical not electrical! can anyone tell me if this is possible.
i have scanned pages of bingo books and converted to numbers using an ocr
program. i now need to make a keypad 0 to 9 for the blind to enter numbers
called during a game of bingo.the electronics has to cross off these numbers
as they are entered on the keypad. when only one number is left the pad needs to speak electronically the number remaining through an earpiece.
thank you.

whats a micro controller?

thanks for the response, and excuse my naievity. where can i buy one? how
do i program it? are 0-9 keypads availiable off the shelf that link to the
controller? is the speaking part run by the controller? any help will be
appreciated.

Couldn't you just get some cards printed in braile, and put adhesive stickers over to mark called numbers. Been a long time, but isn't Bingo a 5X5 array...

I think you can/used be able buy PS2 compatable numeric only keyboars whick you can use with normal PC hardware. I don't know if you can still get them though. This would be an excellent application for an old PC or minimotherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back