Help!! problems in using PIC16f876A

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHyong

First of all, i m still a beginner in PIC application. My problem now is i can't program my PIC16f876A for pin_c7 and pin_c6. By the way my pin_c7 always LOW and pin_c6 always HIGH once i plugged in my PIC and also the time i run my program.

Can anyone guide me about this? I really appreciate any comment and guide! thanks

Make sure SPEN (bit 7 of the RCSTA register) is set to 0. When it's set to 1, the PORTC(6:7) pins are used for the USART instead of regular I/O pins.

here is my schematic n code that just use to test the pins.I also tried to pull LOW.

**broken link removed**
#include <16f876a.H>
#fuses HS, NOWDT, NOPROTECT, nolvp
#USE DELAY (CLOCK=20000000)

void main()
{

loop1: output_high(pin_A0);
output_high(pin_A1);
output_high(pin_A2);
output_high(pin_A3);
output_high(pin_A4);
output_high(pin_A5);
output_high(pin_B0);
output_high(pin_B1);
output_high(pin_B2);
output_high(pin_B3);
output_high(pin_B4);
output_high(pin_B5);
output_high(pin_B6);
output_high(pin_B7);
output_high(pin_C0);
output_high(pin_C1);
output_high(pin_C2);
output_high(pin_C3);
output_high(pin_C4);
output_high(pin_C5);
output_high(pin_C6);
output_high(pin_C7);

goto loop1;

}

Make sure SPEN (bit 7 of the RCSTA register) is set to 0. When it's set to 1, the PORTC(6:7) pins are used for the USART instead of regular I/O pins.

I'm sorry, I am still beginner. Can you guide me how to set SPEN to 0 by using CCS-C. Btw thanks for the guide

Nice robot line follower schematic. Make sure you've got a 0.1uF near the PICs power pins.

Hint:
PortB has weak pullups, these are great for putting pushbuttons on as they don't need an external pullup resistor. SW1 thru 4 (just move the LED to another pin) and you can rid yourself of 4 resistors.
Also the NEW 16F886 has a built in 8MHz oscillator plus a handy LVD pin so you can sense your battery level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…