Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help...Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Kruse

I would like to design a museum narrative push button circuit. (You know one of those things where you press the button on a display and it tells you one of those long boring history stories).

I would like it to be able to plug into a wall and not rely on battery power.

Also, I would like everything to be “wired” and not use Bluetooth.

Here is what I want to do:

There will be a framed photo display of Elvis Presley hanging on the wall.

You walk up to it and mounted into the frame is a push button. Once pushed, you hear an Elvis Presley song.

That is what I would like. I just want to know who I can see to have this done for me. I need a name and number of a company or person that I can hire. I live in Anaheim, California, so within a 100-mile range please!

Thanks, Dan

You might be able to utilize something like this. If the TF card only contains 1 file then both the next and last keys would play it. You would need to ensure that a long press is not possible - maybe with a capacitor resistor combination.

Mike.

You walk up to it and mounted into the frame is a push button. Once pushed, you hear an Elvis Presley song.
As Pommie suggested, you can do it with the MP3 module, which are dirt cheap. If you want a more generic thing I suggest you **broken link removed** it has not the best quality audio, but it can record 11 minutes of audio and you can interface it with a button pretty easily.
Cheers!
Manu.

Your idea (and other's ideas) are great, but I do not know how to make it. I am not an electrical engineer or now anything about this. But what I do know is that this website has the smartest people, and you guys know this stuff.
I just want to have someone do it for me, and I will pay a lot for the result. Can you help me, or do you know someone that can?
Thanks, Dan

I can do it for you for $10.00 But I live 101 miles from you and this makes it completely impossible for me to provide you with the project.

Colin:
I will front you the money, send a prepaid postage box to you and in addition, pay you for all of this.... if that works let me know, I will send you a check today.
-Dan

Here is what I would suggest you do. Start with a simple Google of "electrical engineering services Anaheim Ca" which should get you connected with several possible design groups. Detail what you want and need and solicit quotes. Work locally in the interest of affordability. What you are looking to do is not difficult or complex. Make it clear and up front that with a good description you want a project quote and not any form of billing by the hour for development. Try to ignore online idiots who are little more than attention whores looking to taunt you.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back