help please..build a robot that can detect sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas to all our friends! I probably wont be on much for a little while as i got HEAPS!!!!!! of electronic books! Some are from 1952! As for the sound and bandpass, i have set up 2 servo's this morning, and i am trying it out, I am a little slow tho today, as i am not allowed to eat Christmas dinner in the lab I have to sit with all the family today.

I know the object of the project is sound, but how about light? say a laser or IR? might be easier.

Sorry John, I didn't look at that link! Laser aimed IR would be pretty cool , but the sound idea with two ear's, is the sort of problem I like.

I was thinking laser on the home side not the robot, so the person could target the robot, or do you think that is too narrow? Also I was thinking the actual sensor and beam IR, but laser to show where the IR was pointing (roughly)

I think you want a spread, so the robot can use intensity to capture the beam and steer. If the robot is a little off from a laser, it will see nothing. Once it captures a laser, tracking might be more precise, but I believe the contests start with a relatively random placement.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…