Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on LM301

Status
Not open for further replies.

compass1982

hello, currently im doing an assignment about LM301 op amp. i found that a 30micro farad capacitor need to be connected between pin 1 and pin 8 when constructing a non inverting amp circuit. i know that 741 has the built in capacitor in the op amp but lm301 does not have it. may i know what actually the capacitor's function for bot of them? can someone give me detailed explanation? thank you:)

Did you say 30 micro farads? It is one million times too much.

Look at its obsolete datasheet. The compensation capacitor must be 30 pico farads if the gain is set low and can be 3 pico farads or less if the gain is set high.

The capacitor is called a compensation capacitor and it prevents the opamp from oscillating at the frequency where its internal phase-shift approaches 180 degrees and it has negative feedback to reduce its gain.

Learn about the compensation capacitor when you learn about opamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back