Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on a truck project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karb0nk0py

OK Im like so new to this it aint funny! But here it goes anyway.

This is what I want to do. Im going to replace my shocks and struts with airbags (AirBag Suspension). I want to know if I can build\buy a Transmitter and Receiver to control the inflate and dump valves that inflate and deflate the airbags. The valves are controled by "hard wired" switchs that stay "on" till the switch is released. So I need a transmitter and receiver that when a button is pressed and held on the transmitter it keeps the valve "on" till the button is released and then the valve turns "off". (IE if I was to hook it up to a light the light would stay on till I let the button go) I thought if I ripped apart an RC car I could use the parts inside it to make my project work but the remote control unit would be WAY to big.

Like I said Im really new to this and dont know how to explain it much better than that.

Thanks for all the help that you can give me. If you dont know anything about what I need help on but you know of a book or site that would tell me about what I need to know then that would be very fine.

Forgot one thing I need to know of a site or book that tell me what all the little symbols mean if I were to build this myself. I cant read those little symbols, it looks like jibberish to me.

Told you I was new to this. But I am a very fast learner.

Thanks!

Struts??

Since you have the hard-wire concept in-hand and want to change to a remote contol, is it safe to assume you will not be inside your car when you want to inflate/dump?

Struts are like shocks. I forgot I dont have struts. I have shocks in the front and leaf springs/shocks in the back. The hard wired switchs will be for when Im inside the truck. Ill have one switch controling the front two airbags, one switch controling the rear two bags and one switch that would control all four bags. The two button transmitter (like the one you use for your car alarm) would control all four bags. One button would inflate and the other would "dump".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back