Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on a Dice counter - Multisim 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazman171

Hey there, I'm doing a lab for my digital concepts class and already 1 day late (was due friday) with it.

I can only use these parts: 3 7400 quad NAND gates, 2 7402 quad NOR gates, 1 7493 counter chip, 7446 BCD-7-segment decoder, 1 7404 hex inverter gate, 3 7432 quad OR logic gate, 1 7486 quad XOR gate, 7-segment led display, resistor packs for the leds.

My circuit is all nand with no inverters using 3 7400Ns, 1 7493 counter chip, 1 7493N, 1 555 Timer, 1 7447 BCD decoder and 7-segment led display. There are 7 leds representing the face of a die, labeled T,U,V,W,X,Y,and Z. Z = a 1 roll, T + Z + Y = a 3 roll with T at the top left and Y at the bottom right.

I can get it to roll and stop on random numbers when I hit the key that starts and stops it but I can't get the counting right. A 6 on the die is a 0 on the 7-segment display, a 1 is a 3, etc.

I'm attaching a 7zipped multisym 11 file and a picture of the circuit. If the truth tables are needed I'll post them too.

Edit: White background image added

Thanks for any suggestions. :confused:

Attachments

• dice%20counter1d.zip
    168.1 KB · Views: 481
  • dicecount1.jpg
    dicecount1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 791
  • dicecount1a.jpg
    dicecount1a.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,712
Last edited:
hi,
Your original image was impossible to read.

Attachments

• dicecount1.jpg
    dicecount1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,082
I have no trouble but it was supposed to be with out my worksheet settings. I'll post a better shot.

Edit 1:Here it is:

Edit 2: And the truth table, logic, etc.

Attachments

• dicecount1a.jpg
    dicecount1a.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 3,621
  • TruthtablesA.doc
    1.6 MB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back