Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed with lift algorithm

Status
Not open for further replies.

kautilya

Hi there.

I am making a project implementing a lift algorithm i.e. working of two or more lifts simultaneously in coordination. Can someone guide me as to how to go about this algorithm? What are the factors to take into account for this implementation? this project is being made based on a C program.

I will be grateful for any replies.

regards
kautilya

I would assume each lift has some sort of transducer to report its position. Is that true?

Are these lifts variable speed or single speed?
How fast do they move?
What response time is required?
How accurately do they need to be coordinated?
Do they move people or material?

Hi there.

Thanks for the reply Carl.

Yes i am using a transducer to indicate its position. i m using limit switches. As for the speed the lifts are constant speed. Their speed is determined by the speed of the dc gear motor i am using. the reduction ratio of the motor is 1:288 i.e. the for the gear train to complete a revolution the motor rotates 288 times. they are basically passenger lifts i am implementing. i am introducing a time delay of 25ms to account for spike noise and debouncing. practically, to naked eyes it is instantaneous. their coordination should be such that when two lifts are positioned and when a user input is given, the closer of the two lifts to the user should reach the user.
i am not sure whether potential energy of the lift is an important consideration.

these are the points i have in mind and i would like to implement them. i appreciate your reply. can u please help me further with this algorithm?

regards
kautilya

To come up with the algorithm you need to first generate a State Diagram and/or State Table of all the states of your system and how you go from one state to the next. If you need more info Google "State Diagram" and "State Table". From this you can then generate the algorithm that will implement the desired function.

Hi there,

can anyone of u code a program in ANSI C on lift algorithm?
i.e. two lifts working in coordination?

regards
kautilya

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back